Specialists in Customer Service
We design using a combination of (X)HTML and CSS. Listed below are some of the benefits of both this and our design philosophy.
- Download times: Using CSS means that all presentational coding is downloaded once in the form of a stylesheet for the entire site. Also, CSS tiling techniques enable smaller images to be used more efficiently and tiled as required. This results in smaller download times.
- Accessibility: We hand code websites, using semantically valid HTML, to ensure the pages are presented well when read by Screen Readers like JAWS, and browsed using a text-only browser like Lynx, or even a particularly old browser. This, whilst ensuring your site complies with the Disability Legislation that applies to your country, has the added benefit of maximising your sales potential.
- Search Engine Friendly: Because our code is semantically valid, we can optimise the way your site is indexed by search engines, thus ensuring the relevancy of your traffic.
- Access from anywhere: Our sites are designed so that professionals browsing the internet whilst on the move using the latest generation of mobile phones and PDAs will be able to access the content of your site quickly and easily.
- Future friendly: We adhere to the standards established by the W3C, which means our sites will continue to be supported by future browsers.
If you wish to find out more about web site accessibility, please read our accessibility article. It is based upon a post made at webdeveloper.com by a member of our staff. Whilst it is intended primarily for web developers, the first few sections particularly may be of interest to anyone.
Copyright emdevelopments 2004.